Highlights: Commercial Food Kitchens: Community Rental kitchen:
Describe the Business:
The Foodworks Culinary Center is designed to facilitate small and start-up food manufacturing businesses in support of Arcata’s niche foods sector. The facility offers monthly and hourly kitchen rentals, both cold and dry storage available on a monthly rental basis, and a warehouse with a receiving dock.
For Food Manufacturers
Kitchens and equipment available for food manufacturers
Benefits of for the Food Manufacturer
- The Foodworks facility has a variety of assets that designed to assist small start-up food manufacturing businesses to succeed and are available to lease at very affordable prices.
- The community rental kitchen is rented hourly and is provisioned with commercial grade equipment including a commercial six burner range and oven, a two door convection oven, steam jacketed kettle, 32 quart mixer, stainless steel work tables, a Multivac (vacuum seal) machine and a three compartment sink.
- Permanent Kitchen Rentals: The Foodworks facility is comprised of a variety of spaces that are available to rent. All spaces are food certified. Spaces range in size from 185 to 1,050 square feet.
- Warehouse, Refrigeration, Freezer, or Other Assets
Business Inquiry: How does someone contact business if interested?
Go to : http://www.cityofarcata.org/departmants/community-development/foodworks-culinary-center-page for on line rental applications and more detailed information.
Manufacturing of small or medium size batches by local Food Manufacturers who are involved in:
- _x__ New product production,
- _x__ Just-in-Time inventory:
- _x__ Local product production,
- ___ Recycled content production –
Production: Materials Used
- Produce, fruit, and other wholesale food products
Manufacturing Present: (product list)
- Variety of Food Manufacturers – is there a list?
Business Services (for other companies)
- Rental Commercial Kitchens
- Start-up food manufacturers
- Warehouse, Refrigeration, Freezer
Innovator Services available:
- ____ Design
- ____ New product prototype assistance
- __x__ Small batch production
- ____ Other
Other skills, specializations (both in use and abilities),
City loans and grants available through AEDC
Equipment (include equipment not in use now)
- Community Rental Kitchen
- Commercial six burner range and oven,
- Two door convection oven,
- Steam jacketed kettle,
- 32 quart mixer,
- Stainless steel work tables,
- Multivac (vacuum seal) machine
- Three compartment sink.