|Using the Directory|
View manufacturers by caterogies based on services, products, or equipment.
Enter any keyword to search for manufacturers with that term in their description.
|Equipment & Process Definitions
Click here for a list of equipment and process definitions.
Almquist: ERA Forest LLC/Black Dog RanchAlmquist: ERA Forest LLC/Black Dog Ranch Contact: Eric Almquist
A full service forest products business providing lumber, flooring, milling, wood sales, reused lumber, kiln drying, and more. ERA provides both commercial and retail sales and is on the same site as Almquist Lumber. ERA sells FSC certified wood. ERA will broker used lumber.
Highlights: sawmill, forest products, FSC certified, kiln drying, used wood, recycled products
ERA Milling department:
- Lumber: Soft woods, hard woods, local woods, FSC certified woods, recycled wood
- Stair treads, butcher block, custom molding, and more
Products (materials from the byproducts of production)
- Fruit crates
- Garden supplies: lattice, stakes, planters
- Fire wood, mulch
- Kiln drying : custom, commercial and individual, recycled woods
- Purchase and sale of used wood
- Problem/solution services (wood experts)
- Continuous availability of native hardwoods and softwoods keeping a regular presence and availability in the market.
- FSC certified wood available both soft and hardwoods. (Forest Stewardship CouncilTM is an independent organization working to uphold responsible stewardship of the world’s forests.)
- Member of the Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities Partnership. They have been inspected by a representative of the regional program of Sustainable Northwest, and have met the criteria for certification.
- American Tree Farm System (Black Dog Ranch is a member)
- The complete log is utilized: from lumber and product, to the product produced from scraps, to the mulch from the sawdust.
Production: Materials Used
- Local woods: for lumber products, flooring, etc.
- By-products of the mill to make finished products
- Soft and hardwood flooring
- Milling lumber
- Resaw, sanding, planning, kiln drying
It is unique these days to provide this range of services.
Other skills, specializations, equipment
- 40 ft. Nile Dehumidification unit (electric) can dry up to 36’-38’
- Kotter kiln (smaller) up to 12’ (propane)