|Using the Directory|
View manufacturers by caterogies based on services, products, or equipment.
Enter any keyword to search for manufacturers with that term in their description. Terms must contain at least 4 characters.
|Equipment & Process Definitions
Click here for a list of equipment and process definitions.
Alves Inc.Alves Inc. Contact: Vera Alves
Alves is an integrated business that includes roofing installation on buildings (composite, metal, tar roof) both commercial and residential and paving of roads and parking lots. After re-roofing, Alves sorts the old roofing materials and recycles the materials into usable products: road base (with cement, brick, and asphalt), metals, and fire wood. Alves has a Construction and Demolition permit. They have a paving service that uses their road base product for paving private roads and parking lots.
Road base: for use on private roads, driveways, parking lots, and trails.
Benefits of Product
- Alves road base displaces quarried gravel lowering the impact on local rivers.
- Composite shingles are ground up into RAS (recycled asphalt shingles), mixed with construction and demolition materials – discarded cement, brick, and asphalt, – and then used as a road base under their asphalt paving.
- It compacts very well and meets compaction requirements.
Starting at the job site, tear –off roofing is dropped into roll-off trucks and routed to Alves facility. Other C&D (Construction and Demotion) materials are dropped off. All materials are weighed and source separated into the prospective bins: metal, steel, wood, non-recyclables, and the materials that go into the recycled content road base. The remaining asphalt shingles are ground up into RAS (recycled asphalt shingles) and mixed in with ground materials that have been generated from their demolition jobs, other C&D sites, and concrete, asphalt, brick products from the public drop off.
Metals are recycled through local metal recycling businesses. Wood is available as fire wood free to the public.
Production: Materials Used
- Roofing shingles
- Cement, bricks, gravel, asphalt, (can be dropped off for free at facility)
Manufacturing Present: (product list)
- Recycled content road base
Business Services (for other companies)
- Contact Alves for drop-off of construction and demolition waste
Other skills, specializations (both in use and abilities),
- A permitted Construction and Demolition processor (sort for recyclables)
- Paving services