Kernen Construction provides northern California with a broad array of construction and industrial services: site preparation, highway construction, asphalt concrete paving, concrete construction, industrial equipment manufacturing, repair, or installation of process control equipment, and more.
Highlights: Road base (recycled content), rocks, sand, riprap, asphalt cement, bridges, machine shop, hydraulic repair; small batch production
Manufacturing Present Products:
- Road base for public and private roads.
- Asphalt concrete
- Riprap of all sizes and screened quarry rock
- Washed aggregate and sand
- Kernen Construction’s prefabricated bridges are used in a wide variety of capacities and an effective solution. These bridges are Kernen’s design, and are manufactured to the customer’s specifications:
- 30 – 90 feet lengths available
- 16 or 20 feet wide with a concrete deck
- Easily assembled, deck panels are bolted to stringers, no welding required
- Precast concrete abutments and deck
- Guard rail (standard feature)
- Fully engineered with U80 loading
- 160,000 single vehicle load rating
- Over 50 built and installed from Crescent City to Willits
Benefits of Product
- Road base that meets all specifications for Caltrans class 2.
- Bridges: These bridges hold many advantages over culverts or structural plate. For example, the prefabricated bridges are less expensive to install, they are maintenance free and easily assembled in less than two days. They also allow better fish passage than culverts, and protect streambeds and water quality during construction. Temporary or permanent installation.
- Road base (recycled content): Grinding and crushing cement, asphalt, ceramic toilets and sinks, mixing to meet CalTrans specs.
- Gravel is excavated from riverbeds
- Bridges are pre-fabricated at the Kernen facility
- Kernen Construction’s Fabrication/Field Maintenance Division provides: welders, fitters, riggers, millwrights, mechanics and laborers. These crews have containerized portable equipment available as required.
- Kernen provides fabrication for all types of plate and structural steel, tanks, piping and casings using many different metals available today. These would include low carbon and HSLA steels, stainless steels, Hastelloy, Alloy 625, AISI 4130/8630 NQT, 904L, Aluminum, and more.
- Certified Welding (stick, MIG and TIG)
- Millwright Services
- Personal, Commercial and Industrial
- As a full service machine shop, Kernen Construction’s capabilities range from individual components to complex assemblies, prototype, repair, and hydraulic repairs (equipment and trucks).
- Kernen machines ferrous metals (carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless, etc.) and nonferrous metals (aluminum, brass, bronze, etc.).
- Precision Machining
- Portable Line boring
- Portable crushing equipment is capable of producing up to 1500 tons per day of aggregate base and other rock products (maintaining current air resources board permits to operate our crusher throughout California).
- Licensed drilling and blasting contractors and with the necessary permits for blasting.
- Concrete, asphalt, bricks, glass and ceramics (toilets, sinks, etc.) are accepted for free at drop off.
Other Benefits and Highlights:
The individuals communicating with the customers are the same people who have direct control over manufacturing, from quotation to shipment
Manufacturing of small or medium size batch for
- New product
- Just-in-Time inventory
- Local product production
- Recycled content production
Business Services (for other companies)
- Construction related equipment and materials
- New product prototype assistance
- Small batch production
Kernen will rent construction equipment but some equipment will only be rented with an operator.