Wildwood is a manufacturer of quality guitar bodies and necks to the music industry. They are an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and do not sell parts to the public. Wildwood is a supplier to builders of fine electric guitars and/or basses providing unfinished bodies and necks for existing models or new models made to precise specifications. Their facility is a modern, highly-tooled, and highly-specialized industrial manufacturing operation with a singular focus: being a custom woodshop for the electric guitar industry.
Highlights: Guitar component parts; OEM supplier (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for music industry; wood
- Guitar bodies
- Guitar necks
For the music industry.
Benefits of Product
- Fretting is done by hand, one fret at a time. Every slot is machined to a specific width and depth on the CNC machine to match the tang on any of the nine wire profiles that Wildwood stocks. They produce a level, consistent set of frets that need only the final dressing. Finish sanding is meticulously thorough until both the board and the carve feel great.
- Some of the finest electric guitars and basses on the market today start with the foundation of Wildwood Manufacturing‘s bodies and necks.
The process begins the specific requirements. The CAD software is utilized to interpret size and shape, weight reduction pattern, arm and waist bevels, pickup and neck pockets, etc. into a set of commands that the three axis CNC machine can follow. The CNC machine carves two bodies each cycle, two fronts and two backs, with accuracy to a couple thousandths of an inch. Pickup pockets, rear control cavities, neck pockets, and weight reduction channels are accurately reproduced on all guitar and bass bodies.
Wildwood is able to create a body or neck that is unique to the customer specifications.
Wildwood is a supplier of component electric guitar parts for the guitar industry and they do not sell to the public. Contact above
Manufacturing of small or medium size batch for
- Component parts for music industry (intermediate supplier)
- Local product production
- Hardwoods (Sustainably Harvested)
- A range of guitar bodies and necks for final production of guitars
Equipment (including equipment not in use now)
- Anderson CNC three-axis router
- Milling, wood working and finishing equipment.
- “Chest of Vacuum” – individual vacuum drawers that creates the force to glue one bent top at a time to one body core, this piece of equipment was engineered by in-house staff.