Describe the Business:
The Sanctuary is a MakerSpace filled with tools to use for a small fee/hr. or a monthly pass.
They offer a clean insured space, support, feedback and direction and access to an arts facility.
Benefits of Product
- Access to Tools and Knowledge.
- Paper Arts and Bookmaking
- Bicycle repair
- General Shop
- Jewelry Making
- Music lessons
- The Great Community Hall, available for private and public rental
Other skills, specializations
- Assistance is available to help with tools and some supplies.
- The Center is open to the public for drop-in to work on projects.
- Workshops are available with in-house teachers, teachers from our community of artists, and in-residence artists. (See website for open lab hours and workshop schedule).
Ceramics: electric wheel, (3) kick-wheels, wedging table, scale, electric kiln, hand tools, and some clay.
Printmaking: Challenge proof Press, rollers, wood and lino cut tools, metal type, silkscreen exposure unit, 4-color station silkscreen press, light table, heat setter, 11” x 18” etching press, emulsion applicator and some ink.
Sewing: industrial serger, sock knitting machine, industrial straight stitch, industrial walking foot machine, assorted domestic machines, miscellaneous tools, some notions and fabric.
Paper Arts & Bookmaking: bookbinding tools, writing and drawing tools, and book press.
Painting: easels, brushes, palettes, some paints.
Bicycle repair: truing stand, basic bicycle shop set, used parts.
General shop: worktables, drill press, various hand tools, safety equipment.
Jewelry: rolling mill, hand tools, jeweler’s bench, pickle pot, small kiln, draw plate, panavice, anvil, safety gear, and scrap metal.
Library: emphasis in art, music, local writers, and local history and traditional skills.
Kitchen: camping equipment, dehydrator, sharp knives, giant range, some food supplies.