Highlight: Equipment Rental Textile
Describe the Business:
- Origin Design Labs is a supply center and sewing workroom for sewers, textile artists, crafters and makers.
- Skill training includes: sewing, embroider, felt, dye fabrics.
- Sells traditional and innovative textile supplies for all your needs.
- Available rentals: space, sewing machines and tools by the hour or with a monthly membership
MakerSpace for the textile arts business or individual, crafter, and sewer. A space where products can be made.
Benefits of Product/Service
- Origin provides training, equipment and workspace.
- They provide help with textile craft businesses.
Recycled Resource Statement: “We believe in Sustainable Sewing which seeks to reuse and conserve existing materials, use earth- and people-friendly fabrics, and cultivate the idea that recycling, up-cycling, reducing, and repurposing is beneficial for our community. In a world that chronically squanders resources, it has become important to recast sewing as a sustainable skill and a component of a new thrift.”
“Sewing as practiced by our mothers and grandmothers was traditionally about self-reliance, ingenuity, and a smart use of resources. Today, sewing can recapture these qualities as well as foster creative expression, reduce stress, and create social bonds. Sustainable sewing, such as refashioning new clothes from old ones, encourages fashion independence and – as with past generations – the pleasure of owning fine clothes and linens made at home.”
Business Inquiry: How does someone contact business if interested?
Manufacturing of small or medium size batch for
- New product
- Local product production
- Recycled content production
- Clothing repair service on site
Production: Materials Used
- Sell traditional and innovative textile supplies
Business Services (for other companies)
- Textile skill training
- Equipment availability
- New product prototype assistance
- Small batch production
Equipment (include equipment not in use now)
Origin Design Lab, the sewing lab is an inviting area where people can drop in during business hours to work on their individual projects or if more time is needed, become a member and receive a monthly pass. It is an open space where couches give way to conversation, creators can mingle and bounce ideas off of one another, and it is where coffee and crafting reference materials are available for that extra boost of inspiration.
The sewing work room consists of:
The sewing work room consists of:
- 10 sewing machines
- 4 ironing boards and irons
- 2 large cutting tables
- 1 small cutting table
- 2 smaller class tables
- Storage for members
- 5 industrial sewing machines
- Juki 1541 walking foot for upholstery and leather
- Brother straight stitch for light to medium weight dress wear and light home deco
- Consew 230 with a binder attachment
- Brother 4 thread over lock
- Juki 3500 5 thread safety stitch over lock
- 4 Home sewing machines
- Juki serger set for rolled hem
RENT BY THE HOUR
Studio Rental starts at $10 per hour (on you own no instructor) or $15 an hour with a sewing instructor. All rental time has a minimum of 1 hour and includes the use of a machine, cutting table, tools, and library. A one-time orientation to the machine, workspace and the lab in general is required. Please call for an appointment. If you do not have any experience on a sewing machine, we ask that you sign up for our very beginning sewing class.
Prepaid passes are available for lab space to save money
Open Studio Space Rates