Describe the Business:
The Local Worm Guy worm farm is a Humboldt County based vermiculture facility and business specializing in worm breeding and the production of high quality Worm Castings, both of which have many uses in organic gardening practices. LWG also provides compostable material diversion services to businesses and institutions looking to come into compliance with CA regulations, and who want to reduce the negative environmental impact of their business or industry.
Highlights: agricultural, gardening, recycled or reused content, zero waste company
Worm castings soil amendment
Benefits of Product
Vermiculture includes raising and production of earthworms and the harvesting of their nutrient rich, plant-available excrement called castings. In addition to providing these nutrients, Earthworm activity plays a vital role in soil conditioning, and promoting a healthy ecosystem within the soil. By promoting and sustaining the biological mechanism in soil gardeners can increases plant yield and natural resistance to disease.
Manufacturing of small or medium size batch for
- New product
- Local product production
- Recycled content production
Production: Materials Used
Compostable materials used include commercial food waste from grocery stores and restaurants, food manufacturer waste (breweries, coffee roasters), animal manure, and green waste.
Manufacturing Present: (product list)
- Vermicompost and worm castings
- Worm Bin Conditioner
Business Services (for other companies)
- Vermicomposting and living soil assistance to individuals, organizations, and businesses on how to effectively process material using worms to create a nutrient rich fertilizer and increase plant yields, vigor, and resistances.
- Worm Breeding program consultation and worm colony maintenance.
- Compostable Material Diversion services for on or off site processing, utilization, and finished product marketability.
- New product prototype assistance
- Small batch production
Other skills, specializations (both in use and abilities)
Living Soil/ No-Till Gardening Specialist
Equipment (include equipment not in use now)